Thursday, July 5, 2012

More of the Same Problems

On 5-24-12, I applied for food stamps, medical, and cash benefits online. On 6-7-12, I had a phone interview with a caseworker. The caseworker informed me that I was eligible for food stamps only and that she was processing the application as we spoke. She said that I should receive a new Link card in the mail in fourteen days. I asked her why did I need a new card instead of using the one in my possession. She said that the card I have is linked to medical and cash benefits and that she needed to process a new card not linked to those other benefits. The card should have arrived by 6-27-12 in the mail and it still has not arrived. I did inform her while on the phone that we needed emergency food stamps. This is the same office I had the same trouble with in December of 2011. Their address is below:


DUPAGE CNTY DHS
146 W ROOSEVELT SUITE 2
VILLA OAKS OFFICE CONCOURSE STE 2
VILLA PARK, IL  60181-3575