Thursday, March 14, 2013

How Jesus Christ Saved Me

R. Kelly gave his testimony on how Jesus Christ saved him.  Here is my testimony: 

In 1991, I was unemployed and could not pay my rent.  I had been through so much hardship that it began to take a toll on me.  I woke up that fateful morning and sat down on my couch thinking about my life and the trouble I was in.  I spent the whole day thinking about my troubles and how to get out from under it all.  It was now night.  And the only thing I could think of was to kill myself.  Then I began to think about how to do it.  What would be the best way available to me?  Just as I had decided on how to do it, I began to get anxious and felt a real sense of desperation come over me.  In that moment, I said, "Lord I don't really want to die I just want a way out from my troubles.  If this is all there is to life then I don't want to live it anymore.  I have made a mess of my life and I don't know what to do.  Lord if you don't save me this night I won't live to see tomorrow."  In an instant I felt peace and joy.  I felt alive in a way like never before.  I felt His presence in the room with me.  The thoughts of suicide left me.  I felt all the doom and gloom leave the room.  I turned on the lights and started to dance and sing unto the Lord for what He had done for me.  I gave my life to Him.  I said, "I give you my life, you lead and I will follow.  You take control because I don't know what to do.  Tell me Lord what you want me to do."  And from that moment on I made the choice to spend the rest of my life with Jesus Christ.  I hope you found this encouraging and that you ask the Lord Jesus Christ to save your life.  He will save you and set you free.  May God bless you, your friends, and family in the name of Jesus Christ, amen, amen!  See R. Kelly's testimony by clicking the link below: